MOE Teaching Scholarship (2013-2014)
The Ministry of Education Teaching Scholarships (MOE TS) is awarded for undergraduate studies tenable at both overseas and local universities. MOE TS scholars will be given opportunities to hold senior positions in teaching, leadership or senior specialist roles.
• Singapore citizens, or Singapore Permanent Residents who take up Singapore citizenship before departure for studies
• Good CCA records
• Good character, strong leadership qualities and keen passion for education
• Excellent people and communication skills
• GCE ‘A’ levels (with minimum 10 academic units), International Baccalaureate (IB), Polytechnic Diploma, NUS High Diploma or equivalent
Course of Study
MOE TS scholars are allowed to read the following teaching subjects (i.e. subjects in the curriculum of a secondary school / junior college). The preferred subjects are:
• Art and Music
• Physical Education and Sports
• Nutrition & Food Science
• Social Sciences
Places of Study
Scholars will pursue their undergraduate studies in a reputable university.
Value of Awards
• Tuition fees and other approved charges
• Maintenance and pre-studies allowance
• Return economy airfare (for overseas studies only)
• Sponsorship for approved student exchange programme and Masters degree (if requirements are met)
• Developmental programmes during undergraduate studies (e.g. school attachment)
Length of Bond
Scholars who pursue their studies overseas in English speaking countries are required to serve a 6 year bond while scholars pursuing studies overseas in non-English speaking countries are required to serve a 5 year bond.
Scholars who pursue their studies locally are required to serve a 4 year bond.
Students who are interested in a PSC or MOE Teaching Scholarship should submit their applications online via the PSC Gateway from 1st September to 10 days after the release of the ‘A’ Level results. Students would only need to indicate the type of Service they wish to apply for (e.g. Teaching, Legal Service, Foreign Service, etc.) in the online application.
Deadline: 20 March 2014, Thursday