Founded in 1905 as a medical school, the National University of Singapore (NUS) has evolved from humble beginnings to become a leading university in the Asia-Pacific region. An NUS education is comparable to some of the best programmes at top universities globally. Built on a tradition of excellence, NUS is developing global standing for its multi-disciplinary education and research. Our programmes are characterised by entrepreneurial and global dimensions, for vitality and relevance in today’s knowledge driven economy.
University Engineering Scholarship (UES)
Terms and conditions
- Applicants for the UES must be:
- Singapore Citizen or Permanent Residents
- Fresh Graduate
- Matriculating in full-time Engineering/Computing courses at NUS or full-time Engineering/Technology courses at NTU or full-time Science/Technology/Engineering courses at SIT or Engineering/Technology related courses in SUTD
- Outstanding Academic Achievements (preferably Diploma with Merit
- The University Engineering Scholarship covers the following:
- Tuition Fees
- Annual living allowance of S$5,800
- One-time computer allowance of S$2,000
- Scholar must commence his/her study in any full-time undergraduate programme at NUS, NTU, SIT or SUTD in the same academic year of application.
- This scholarship is tenable for any Engineering/Computing course leading to a first degree.
- Upon graduation, scholars will be bonded to work in the Engineering-related field in Singapore for 4 years
- Applicant must not hold any other scholarships, bursaries and take up university loans concurrently.
- UES covers the entire duration of undergraduate studies on condition that scholars maintain a minimum CAP (Cumulative Average Point). The academic performance is monitored on a semester basis.
- Scholars who withdraw from the scholarship scheme voluntarily (due to leaving their University prematurely) will be asked to pay liquidated damages (ie. amount received by the scholars from the commencement of scholarships till its termination plus 10% compounded interest).
Deadline: Closed for this cycle