Founded in 1905 as a medical school, the National University of Singapore (NUS) has evolved from humble beginnings to become a leading university in the Asia-Pacific region. An NUS education is comparable to some of the best programmes at top universities globally. Built on a tradition of excellence, NUS is developing global standing for its multi-disciplinary education and research. Our programmes are characterised by entrepreneurial and global dimensions, for vitality and relevance in today’s knowledge driven economy.
NUS Global Merit Scholarship
The NUS Global Merit Scholarship is the premier freshmen scholarship award. It has been set up to identify and support outstanding Singaporean students who demonstrate academic excellence, high intellectual capacity, sound character, strong leadership potential, and a passion for creativity and innovation. Scholars are expected to contribute significantly to the NUS community while studying here and the community at large when they graduate.
Applicants for the NUS Global Merit Scholarship must:
Terms and Conditions
- be Singapore citizens;
- have strong leadership qualities and potential;
- have a good co-curricular activities record, and
- have offered GCE 'A' levels, Diploma from a polytechnic in Singapore or equivalent qualifications (e.g. International Baccalaureate )
- The NUS Global Merit Scholarship covers the following:
- Tuition fees
- Annual living allowance of S$6,000
- Annual accommodation allowance
- One-time computer allowance of S$2,000
- Option to enroll in University Scholars’ Programme (USP)
- Most economic form of 2 way airfare and accommodation during the Student Exchange Programme(SEP) or NUS Overseas Colleges Programme (NOC)
- GMS Enrichment Grant
- The scholarship is tenable for the minimum period of candidature for the respective undergraduate course at NUS.
- This scholarship is tenable for any course leading to a first degree, except Medicine and Dentistry. Only Singaporeans (excluding Singapore PRs) are eligible to apply.
- The scholarship does not carry a bond.
- Recipients of the scholarship may not concurrently hold any other scholarship, fellowship, grant or award without prior approval from the University.
- The scholarship covers the entire duration of undergraduate studies on condition that scholars maintain a minimum CAP (Cumulative Average Point) of 4.0. The academic performance is monitored on a semester basis.
- If the scholar decides to terminate the scholarship prematurely, the university reserves the right to impose a repayment on a case-by-case basis
Deadline: Closed for this cycle