Founded in 1905 as a medical school, the National University of Singapore (NUS) has evolved from humble beginnings to become a leading university in the Asia-Pacific region. An NUS education is comparable to some of the best programmes at top universities globally. Built on a tradition of excellence, NUS is developing global standing for its multi-disciplinary education and research. Our programmes are characterised by entrepreneurial and global dimensions, for vitality and relevance in today’s knowledge driven economy.
NUS Undergraduate Scholarship
Terms and Conditions
- be Singapore citizens;
- have strong leadership qualities and potential;
- have a good co-curricular activities record, and
- have offered GCE 'A' levels, Diploma from a polytechnic in Singapore or equivalent qualifications (e.g. International Baccalaureate)
Note: Applicants will automatically be considered for the NUS Global Merit Scholarship NUS Undergraduate (Merit) Scholarship, NUS Undergraduate Scholarship, NUS Faculty Scholarship and NUS Faculty Award using one single application form.
- The NUS Undergraduate Scholarship covers the following:
- Tuition fees
- Annual living allowance of S$3,600
- One-time computer allowance of S$2,000
- GMS Enrichment Grant
- Recipients of the scholarship have the automatic option to enroll in the University Scholar’s Programme or the University Town Residential Programme.
- •The scholarship is tenable for the minimum period of candidature for the respective undergraduate course at NUS.
- •This scholarship is tenable for any course leading to a first degree. Only Singaporeans (excluding Singapore PRs) are eligible to apply.
- •The scholarship does not carry a bond; except for undergraduate courses in Dentistry and Medicine. Dentistry and Medicine graduates are required to serve a bond of 4 and 5 years respectively with the Ministry of Health, upon completing their course.
- •Recipients of the scholarship may not concurrently hold any other scholarship, fellowship, grant or award without prior approval from the University.
- •The scholarship covers the entire duration of undergraduate studies on condition that scholars maintain a minimum CAP (Cumulative Average Point) of 3.5. The academic performance is monitored on a semester basis.
- •If the scholar decides to terminate the scholarship prematurely, the university reserves the right to impose a repayment on a case-by-case basis
Application and shortlisting Procedure
- The scholarship application period will run from 1 February to 1 April every year.
- • All Singaporean students can apply to be considered for the Global Merit Scholarship, NUS Undergraduate (Merit) Scholarship, NUS Undergraduate Scholarship, Kent Ridge Undergraduate (Merit) Scholarship and Kent Ridge Undergraduate Scholarship by using the common online scholarship application form.
- •Selection interviews will be conducted from mid-April onwards. Candidates will receive an email notification if they have been selected to attend the interviews.
- •Shortlisted candidates will be informed by June of the year of admission.
- •Scholarships are awarded on the basis of competition among eligible candidates. Recipients will be selected from among the best in each cohort. Leadership, co-curricular records and other capabilities will be assessed during the interview.
- •NUS reserves the right not to award any scholarship if there are no candidates of sufficient merit. The decision of the selection committee is final. Enquiries or disputes surrounding its decisions will not be entertained.
- Recipients of the scholarship have the automatic option to enroll in the University Scholar’s Programme (USP)
Deadline: Closed for this cycle