If you are truly passionate about technology and design and demonstrate academic excellence, leadership qualities, special talents, good moral character and strong community spirit, you could be recognised and rewarded with distinguished scholarships awarded by SUTD, generous donors and sponsor corporations.
Apart from monetary benefits, a scholarship could provide you with exceptional learning opportunities, choice internship placements and even employment at renowned organizations upon graduation.
These scholarships are available to students enrolled in SUTD on a subsidised-fee paying basis only. Students admitted on a non-subsidised fee or full-fee paying basis are not eligible.
The Scholarship is open to Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents who
- are enrolled in their first year of study in the DDP
- have outstanding Singapore-Cambridge GCE 'A' level, Local Polytechnic Diploma, NUS High School Diploma, IB Diploma or Year 12 equivalent qualifications
- have a passion for technology, design and business
BENEFITS OF AWARD
Depending on the financial needs of the applicant, the Scholarship may cover
- the subsidised tuition fees (after Tuition Grant) payable by Singapore Citizens for the duration of the respective courses at SUTD and SMU up to 12 terms; and/or
- an allowance for
- Overseas internship
- Overseas opportunities (community service/competition/study trip)
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Based on the value of the Scholarship awarded, students will be obliged to work in a Singapore-registered company for a period up to 2.5 years upon graduation.
- The recipient is required to achieve and to maintain a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 4.0 over 5.0 from Term 4 onwards, which is on track to at least an equivalent of a Magna Cum Laude Honours degree. The academic performance will be reviewed every term.
- Recipients are required to complete at least 20 hours of service to the university. They may take on the role of student ambassador, or any other similar role, representing SUTD to give publicity talks, to receive guests, etc., as and when called upon to do so.
- The scholarship may be withdrawn at any time if, in the opinion of the University, the recipient’s academic progress or conduct is deemed unsatisfactory.
- If the recipient decides to terminate the scholarship prematurely, SUTD reserves the right to impose a repayment on a case-by-case basis.
- Application for the scholarships is made at the same time as application for admission to SUTD.
- Shortlisted applicants will be notified in due course.
- Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by faculty from both SUTD and SMU.
- Scholarships are awarded on the basis of competition among eligible applicants.
- SUTD and SMU reserve the right not to award any scholarship if there are no candidates of sufficient merit. The decision of the selection committee is final. Enquiries or disputes surrounding the decisions will not be entertained.
Please visit sutd.edu.sg/scholarships for the full listing of scholarships.
Note: You do not need to put in a separate application for SUTD-administered scholarships. Simply indicate your interest to be considered for a scholarship in your admission application, and leave the rest to us. We will evaluate your application for admission and scholarship at the same time, and will inform you of the specific scholarship you’ve been awarded along with the admission offer should you be successful.