If you are truly passionate about technology and design and demonstrate academic excellence, leadership qualities, special talents, good moral character and strong community spirit, you could be recognised and rewarded with distinguished scholarships awarded by SUTD, generous donors and sponsor corporations.
Apart from monetary benefits, a scholarship could provide you with exceptional learning opportunities, choice internship placements and even employment at renowned organizations upon graduation.
These scholarships are available to students enrolled in SUTD on a subsidised-fee paying basis only. Students admitted on a non-subsidised fee or full-fee paying basis are not eligible.
As such, in line with YHS’ mission of providing “our customers with high quality and best value products through the constant pursuit of innovation and excellence”, the Yeo Hiap Seng Engineering Scholarship is established to support deserving outstanding full-time undergraduates who would be selecting the Engineering Product Development (EPD) pillar to achieve excellence in their studies.
- Open to all nationalities.
- Has outstanding Singapore-Cambridge GCE 'A' level, Local Polytechnic Diploma, NUS High School Diploma, IB Diploma or Year 12 equivalent qualifications.
- Shows exemplary Co-Curricular Activities records.
- Has good leadership qualities and potential.
Benefits of award
The Scholarship covers the subsidised tuition fees (after Tuition Grant) for the normal duration of the respective courses at SUTD. It also provides fixed annual allowance for the scholars.
Terms & Conditions
- Successful awardees are to read a full-time undergraduate degree programme leading to a first degree in the Bachelor of Engineering with a major in Engineering Product Development.
- Scholars are required to serve 1 year internship commitment with the sponsoring organisation.
- Scholars may not, without the approval of the University, hold concurrently any other scholarships or grants.
- The Scholarship covers the normal duration of undergraduate studies on condition that:
- the scholar is to maintain a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 4.0 over 5.0 which is on track to at least an equivalent of a Second Class (Upper) Honours degree;
- the scholar’s academic performance will be reviewed every term.
- Scholars are required to take on the role of student ambassador, or any other similar role, representing SUTD to give publicity talks, to receive guests, etc., as and when called upon to do so.
- The scholarship may be withdrawn at any time if, in the opinion of the University, the scholar’s academic progress or conduct is deemed unsatisfactory.
- If the scholar decides to terminate the scholarship prematurely, SUTD reserves the right to impose a repayment on a case-by-case basis.
- Once students apply for admissions to SUTD, the University will consider students for award of the Scholarship.
- Shortlisted applicants will be notified in due course.
- Scholarships are awarded on the basis of competition among eligible applicants.
- SUTD reserves the right not to award any scholarship if there are no candidates of sufficient merit. The decision of the selection committee is final. Enquiries or disputes surrounding its decisions will not be entertained.
Please visit sutd.edu.sg/scholarships for the full listing of scholarships.
Note: You do not need to put in a separate application for SUTD-administered scholarships. Simply indicate your interest to be considered for a scholarship in your admission application, and leave the rest to us. We will evaluate your application for admission and scholarship at the same time, and will inform you of the specific scholarship you’ve been awarded along with the admission offer should you be successful.