Unlike other organisations, Natsteel recruits only a select few each year. This means that we are able to expend energy, effort and time to groom each scholar individually. If you are thinking of a local scholarship, we welcome you to apply to our Scholarship and Study Awards.
During your studies, you will be given the opportunity to experience multiple internship stints with various business units of NatSteel. We will also invite you to join us at our recreational activities, community work and external corporate events. This is to allow you to be exposed to and be familiar with the NatSteel culture.
Upon graduation and joining NatSteel, you will be given exposure to the dynamic global steel market. In line with NatSteel’s philosophy in nurturing our people, you can expect to have challenging job rotations and cross-functional project assignments. As part of your customised development programme, you will be placed in a Mentorship Programme and be mentored by a senior management. Just as this value proposition gives the best, it also expects the best to apply. This scholarship is open to nationalities.
NatSteel Study Award (2013-2014) (2013-2014)
- Market leader in Singapore for construction steel and metal recycling, with over 40 years of steel making experience.
- Supplying a variety of fabricated reinforcement products to more than 300 projects each month …
- Delivering orders that comprise up to 15,000 different designs per day through a downstream reinforcement solutions business with one of the largest single cut-and-bend operations in the world.
- One of the most energy-efficient electric arc furnace operations in the region
We are looking for:
- Future leaders in the following fields from NUS, NTU, SMU, SUTD:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Materials Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Double Degree pursuits with one degree in Engineering
- Business Administration / Human Resource
- Engineering Product Development
- Engineering Systems and Design
What it covers:
- Full Tuition Fees
- Annual Allowance of S$8,000
- Pre-studies allowance
- Hostel subsidy
- Excellent university academic results that qualify for a Second Upper Honours (Records of Dean’s List of Book Prizes will be an advantage)
- Applicants should be in their 2nd, 3rd, or 4th year of academic studies in their university degree course
- Outstanding CCA records demonstrating leadership qualities, and the ability to work in teams to execute projects
- Passion for community work and for pursuits outside school
- One year of bond for every one year of studies, minimum bond period is one year