Singapore’s healthcare industry is constantly evolving to meet the challenges of a changing landscape that includes a fast growing and ageing population. To meet the demand in these areas, we seek to grow a strong core of Healthcare Administrators to formulate, implement and deliver effective healthcare policies and quality services to patients. By joining Singapore’s public healthcare sector, you can help us to ensure that Singaporeans live long, live well and with peace of mind.
In partnership with the Ministry of Education, we offer the Singapore Industry Scholarship (SgIS) to outstanding GCE ‘A’ level, Polytechnic Diploma students and current undergraduates with excellent results, who wish to pursue a meaningful and challenging career on the Healthcare Administration track in public healthcare sector.
As a SgIS (HAS) scholar, you can choose to study in most degree disciplines except Medicine, Dentistry and other healthcare-related disciplines. We offer you a wide array of exciting career growth and progression opportunities within the public healthcare sector. Upon your graduation, you will have the opportunity to work as healthcare administrators in one of our six public healthcare clusters (National University Health Systems, National Healthcare Group, Singapore Health Services, Alexandra Health Systems, Jurong Health Systems and Eastern Health Alliance) or Agency for Integrated Care in diverse key areas including hospital operations, finance, planning and human resources. You will develop your talent to the fullest and can grow to become a key healthcare leader within our institutions.
A career in public healthcare is ultimately challenging, rewarding and meaningful. With a SgIS-HAS, we offer you the ability to make a difference to others and achieve a purpose in life, as you help transform and improve the lives of fellow Singaporeans. Every day will be a challenge, a learning opportunity and a chance to make a difference through your profession.
If you have a keen desire to serve and care to go beyond with your intellect, compassion and passion, we welcome you to join us!
- Be a Singapore citizen
- Good GCE ‘A’ Level results (offered at least 10 academic units), International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma or Polytechnic Diploma
- Current undergraduates should have outstanding academic results, expecting to graduate with at least 2nd Upper Honours or equivalent
- Possess good Co-curricular Activities (CCA) record and leadership achievements
- Have a keen passion to contribute to Singapore’s public healthcare sector
COURSES OF STUDY
The SgIS(HAS) is tenable for studies in the local universities. Scholars can pursue their passion in a diverse range of disciplines such as Business, Accountancy, Economics, Communication Studies, Engineering, Information and Communication Technology, Science, Social Science, etc. Medicine, Dentistry and other healthcare-related disciplines such as Nursing, Pharmacy, Speech Therapy, are not offered under the scholarship.
The bond period is 4 years for studies at NUS/NTU/SMU/SUTD, or 3 years for studies at Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT).
Scholars will be sponsored for the following during their undergraduate studies or degree conversion course, where applicable:
- Tuition fees and compulsory charges
- Monthly maintenance allowance
- Pre-Studies Allowance (e.g. Settling In, Warm Clothing, Computer)
- Return economy airfare (for overseas studies only)
- Clinical Placement Allowance (for overseas studies only)
- Sponsorship for approved developmental activities, such as Student Exchange Programmes, Professional seminars and conferences during course of study