The Public Service Commission Scholarship (Teaching Service) – PSC(T) is awarded to outstanding students who demonstrate strong leadership abilities. The scholarship is tenable for undergraduate studies at both overseas and local universities.
PSC(T) scholars will be placed on the Public Service Leadership programme (PSLP) upon completion of their studies. They can look forward to a career that will include policy formulation and leadership roles in the larger civil service, including education.
Course of Study
- Singapore citizens, or Singapore Permanent Residents who take up Singapore citizenship before departure for studies
- Good character, outstanding leadership qualities and keen passion for education
- Excellent Co-Curricular Activities (CCA) records
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- GCE ‘A’ levels (with minimum 10 academic units), International Baccalaureate (IB), Polytechnic Diploma, NUS High Diploma or equivalent
Places of Study
- Art and Music
- Physical Education and Sports
- Social Sciences
Reputable overseas universities, local autonomous universities, or NTU-NIE
Value of Awards
Length of Bond
- Sponsorship of tuition fees and other approved charges
- Maintenance and other allowance
- Return economy airfare
- Developmental programmes during undergraduate studies (e.g. school attachment)
- Opportunities to participate in HQ and overseas school attachment
- Sponsorship for approved student exchange programmes, summer programmes and CCAs
- Possibility of sponsorship of Master’s degree (if requirements are met)
- Be enrolled into the Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) teacher preparation programme at the National Institute of Education (NIE) as a salaried employee, after completion of first degree
Scholars who are not pursuing the Bachelor of Arts/Science (Education) course at the National Institute of Education (NIE) will be required to go through the Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) course at NIE upon completion of their undergraduate studies. They will serve a 3-year bond after completing their PGDE course, concurrently with their scholarship bond.
- English-speaking countries: 6 years
- Non-English speaking countries: 5 years
- Local: 4 years
Students who are interested in a PSC or MOE Teaching Scholarship should submit their applications online via the PSC Gateway
. The online application opens on 1st September and usually closes 10 days after the release of the ‘A’ Level results. For current undergraduates, application opens on 1st September and closes on 31st May. You will need to check the PSC Gateway
during the release of the GCE ‘A’ Level results for the exact application deadline.