IRAS Mid-Term Scholarship
The IRAS mid-term scholarship is available to existing undergraduates at local or overseas tertiary institutions who are keen to pursue a tax career. After being awarded the IRAS mid-term scholarship, IRAS will pay the remaining expenses incurred for your undergraduate studies. Upon graduation when you commence work in IRAS, you will also receive a lump-sum payment (for allowances, tuition, compulsory fees etc that you had paid prior to the IRAS mid-term scholarship award).
4 years with single or double Bachelor degree(s) or 5 years with Bachelor and Master degrees
6 years (including those sponsored for direct Masters)
We are seeking individuals with
• excellent university results
• outstanding GCE ‘A’ levels, Polytechnic results or equivalent (e.g. International Baccalaureate (IB), NUS High School Diploma)
• outstanding co-curricular records and leadership qualities
• Singapore citizens or Permanent Residents (PRs) intending to take up citizenship.
The course you may pursue:
You may pursue any course of study that has relevance to the different areas of work at IRAS. Some of these include:
• Information Technology
• Real Estate
Local Awards : tenable at NUS, NTU & SMU
Overseas Awards : tenable at approved overseas universities
• Tuition and compulsory fees
• Maintenance allowance (inclusive of book allowance)
• Computer allowance
• Miscellaneous allowance
• Hostel allowance
• Return airfare (beginning & end of course; attachment in IRAS; overseas exchange, if any) (overseas only)
Other development programmes:
Attachment with IRAS
You will be required to complete a minimum 4-week attachment during the course of study.
You may pursue a direct Masters degree if you obtain a good honours degree and is able to complete both the Bachelor and Masters degrees within stipulated durations (generally 4 years), subject to approval. IRAS will consider the chosen field for further studies and your academic inclinations.
Student exchange programme:
IRAS may support you for a student exchange programme to broaden your exposure.
You may also be nominated for selected local and overseas courses such as the Singapore Student Symposiums or the Public Policy Perspective Seminars.
You will be assigned a mentor who is a member of the Senior Management to guide you through your undergraduate studies and first year of work.
• Please submit your application through BrightSparks.
• Candidates who are serving their National Service may apply.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
• Successful candidates will apply directly to the respective universities.
• For more information on IRAS, please visit our homepage at http://www.iras.gov.sg or email us at [email protected]
Deadline: 31 March 2017, Fri