The IRAS Overseas Undergraduate Scholarship provides full sponsorship for an overseas course.>
Bond period: 6 years (including those sponsored for direct Masters)
The IRAS Merit Undergraduate Scholarship gives you the flexibility to choose to study either a local or an overseas course. You will receive full sponsorship for a local course. For overseas course, IRAS will partially sponsor you the amount (computed based on accommodation, maintenance allowance, tuition fees) for a similar local undergraduate programme.
Bond period (Local and overseas studies):
4 years with single or double Bachelor degree(s) or 5 years with Bachelor and Master degrees
We are seeking individuals with
• outstanding GCE ‘A’ levels, Polytechnic results or equivalent (e.g. International Baccalaureate (IB), NUS High School Diploma)
• outstanding co-curricular records and leadership qualities
• Singapore citizens or Permanent Residents (PRs) intending to take up citizenship.
The course you may pursue:
You may pursue any course of study that has relevance to the different areas of work at IRAS. Some of these include:
• Information Technology
• Real Estate
Local Awards : tenable at NUS, NTU & SMU
Overseas Awards : tenable at approved overseas universities
• Tuition and compulsory fees
• Maintenance allowance (inclusive of book allowance)
• Computer allowance
• Pre-studies allowance
(inclusive of settling-in allowance; warm clothing allowance (overseas only))
• Miscellaneous allowance
• Hostel allowance (local only)
• Return airfare (beginning & end of course; attachment in IRAS; overseas exchange, if any) (overseas only)
Other development programmes:
Attachment with IRAS
You will be required to complete a minimum 4-week attachment during the course of study.
You may pursue a direct Masters degree if you obtain a good honours degree of 2nd Upper and above (or equivalent) and is able to complete both the Bachelor and Masters degrees within stipulated durations (generally 4 years). IRAS will consider the chosen field for further studies and your academic inclinations.
Student exchange programme:
IRAS may support you for a student exchange programme to broaden your exposure.
You may also be nominated for selected local and overseas courses such as the Singapore Student Symposiums or the Public Policy Perspective Seminars.
You will be assigned a mentor who is a member of the Senior Management to guide you through your undergraduate studies and first year of work.
• Please click apply for the IRAS scholarships.
• Candidates who are serving their National Service may apply.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
• Successful candidates will apply directly to the respective universities.
• For more information on IRAS, please visit our homepage at http://www.iras.gov.sg or email us at [email protected]