FAQs on PA Youth Leaders Scholarship
Applying for the PA Youth Leaders Scholarship1. When can I apply for the PA Scholarship?
Application for the Mid-Term Undergraduate Scholarship will open from July to August 2012.
Application for the Undergraduate Scholarship will open in February 2013 and close two weeks after the release of ‘A’ level results in March 2013.
2. What are the scholarship eligibility criteria?
The PA offers both local and overseas undergraduate scholarships for ‘A’ level or Diploma Singaporean graduates with exemplary results gaining entry into a local or overseas university or for mid-term undergraduates who have completed at least two semesters of undergraduate studies with exemplary results.
3. When will I know if I have been short-listed for selection?
For Mid-term Undergraduate Scholarship’s application, the selection process will take place in October 2012.
The selection process will take place between March and May 2013.
4. What is the selection process like?
The selection process will include interviews, assessment centres and written assessments.
5. If I'm going for my National Service (NS), do I apply after I have received my GCE 'A' Level results or after I've completed NS?
For male applicants, you are encouraged to apply before your enlistment. You can also apply as soon as you received your GCE ‘A’ Level results. If you are successful in your application, an offer will be made to you. Upon accepting our offer, we will hold the scholarship for you until you have completed your NS.
6. Can I defer my NS?
No. You are not allowed to defer NS to take up the Scholarship earlier.
Fees & Financial Matters
7. What does the scholarship cover?
• Full tuition and compulsory fees
• Monthly maintenance allowance
• Pre-studies allowance
• Sponsorship for approved student exchange programme
• Return airfare (for overseas universities)
• Medical/Health insurance (where required by the university)
8. How long is the bond?
The Local Undergraduate Scholarship and the Overseas Undergraduate Scholarship will carry a bond of four years and six years respectively.
The University and Courses I choose
9. What courses does PA support?
Scholars may pursue any course of study that has relevance to the different areas of work at PA. The recommended choice of study includes Community Development, Human Resource Management / Human Resource Development, Organisational Learning / Organisational Development, Mass Communication, Project Management, Public Policy Studies, Psychology, Social Work, Business Administration, Accountancy, Marketing, Sociology, Gerontology and Political Science.
10. What about a Master's degree?
Scholars may take on a Master’s degree within the stipulated study period. The maximum study duration is 6 years for single/double degree with Masters sponsorship in any country including Singapore.